Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My house!!!!

The day my furniture arrived (last Friday) marked exactly 13 weeks at site living on the floor. Maybe it was worth the wait, but I'm definitely glad it's over!

View of the right side of my house from my courtyard door
Highlights: the mat that I like to sit on; the shed where I keep my bidon (aka 25L plastic container used to transport water from pump to my house) and my bike.

View of the left side of my house
Highlights: outdoor shower (left door), latrine (right door); my bedroom window.

Pano of my main room, from the front of the house.
Highlights (L to R): my fluoro light duct-taped to the wall; the bucket that keeps all my cords safe from mouse intruders; the rolled up mat from pic 1; the bench that I take outside when people come visit me; the REI chair gifted to me by Dana and Louis that I take outside.

My desk, kindly borrowed (fo free!) from my school.
Highlights: the peek into my bedroom and the stack of 88 5eme tests to be graded.

My chairs. No further highlights but yes, they ARE as comfortable as they look.

Kitchen area
Highlights: yellow can of Nido (powdered milk) that makes up a large portion of my diet; glasses and bowls (also new additions, before I only had my mug); the "cantine" thing under my stove table which keeps intruders from my food; the battery by the door with cord leading to solar panel outside.

Close up of my cabinet thing with my spices that fit perfectly inside

Water filter corner
Highlights: solar panel and broom but mostly the fact that my water filter is no longer sitting on a cinderblock; the purple "goblets" used to give water to visitors (because mostly my visitors are small children not to be trusted with glasses); also the essentials on top of the filter (TP, pepto, mouse poison).

My room!
Highlights: bug hut with cot inside; dirty clothes bucket.

MY SHELVES!!!!
Highlights: the nice rock I found in my courtyard to keep my door from falling shut; the fact that my clothes are no longer on the floor; the pics on the wall featuring some of you :)


2 comments:

  1. is that a bug hut from REI? how is it working for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's the REI bug hut II. It's great!! Peace corps gives you a mosquito net but I dont have a real bed (just the little cot thing), so prefer the bug hut. The bug hut is also really easy to bring outside

    ReplyDelete